An intriguing history and manyancient treasures are yours to discover as you explore the beautiful island of Malta on this Christmas break.
- Return flights from Gatwickwith Air Malta
- 5 nights half board in a 4-star hotel
- 11meals: 5 breakfasts, 1 Christmas lunch, 5dinners with drinks
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Day 1 UK/St Pauls Bay
- You’ll depart on your flight to Malta today. On arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel in the picturesque resort of St Paul’s Bay. After settling into your room, the rest of the day is free for you to spend as you please.
- Day 2 Christmas Eve Three Cities & harbour cruise
- Let’s get out and about today on an included tour which takes in the ancient harbour towns of Vittoriosa,Cospicua and Senglea. Collectively known as the Three Cities, all were built and fortified by the Knights of St John and offer a fascinating insight into Malta’s history. Sit back and relax as wedrive through Cospicua to Vittoriosa, whose waterfront is home to the former Palace of the General of the Galleys and the Order of St John’s Treasury. Next, take in spectacular views in Senglea, which sits on a promontory jutting out into the Grand Harbour.
We’ll end the day with a cruise around Valletta’s Grand Harbour to Sliema, where there’s free time for some shopping.
- Day 3 Christmas Day St Paul’s Bay
- It’s Christmas Day, so enjoy a relaxed day at your hotel and a special festive lunch with all the trimmings.
- Day 4 Boxing Day Gozo
- Today you can head to the beautiful island of Gozo via a short ferry rideif you choose to join our optional excursion. Your first stop willbethe resort of Marsalforn, where you will board a trackless train for a picturesque journey. Your next stop will be Victoria, Gozo’s capital, with its fascinating UNESCO-listed Citadel, and you’ll end the day at thelive crib in Ghajnsielem, where the story of the Nativity will be brought to life.
- Day 5 Mdina & Valletta
- Join your Tour Manager on an included excursion which takes you to the centre of the island, and the walled city of Mdina. Dominated by its ancient citadel, it has a unique atmosphere, and as you pass through its narrow streets you’ll be able toadmire its honey-hued stone buildings and hidden alleyways.
Your journey then continues to Valletta, the island’s UNESCO-listed capital. Here you’llsee the spectacular St Paul churchand visit Malta 5D. Thisaudio-visual show, with moving seats and more surprises, tells the fascinating 7,000-year history of the island.
Finally we’ll stop at the beautiful Upper Barracca Gardens, which are laid out on part of the city’s old fortifications and offer magnificent views of the famous Grand Harbour. From this viewpoint, watch the saluting battery, when eight replica cannons are fired.
Explore the city at your own pace before heading back to the hotel.
- Day 6 St Pauls Bay/UK
- Today we willtransfer you to the airport for your return flight to the UK.