Take in the glitz and glamour of Los Angeles and Las Vegas and marvel at the awe-inspiring Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Virgin Atlantic
- 12 nightsin hotels of a greatstandard plus 1 night in flight
- 6 breakfasts
- Hotels in prime locations in all cities
- Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Depart on your scheduled flight to Los Angeles. On arrival, we’ll transfer you to your hotel, where a two-night stay gives you plenty of time to explore.
Day 2 Los Angeles
- You’re going to experience the excitement and glamour of LA this morning on your included tour. Highlights include Hollywood and Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, where you’ll see celebrity handprints, footprints and autographs etched into the concrete. There’s time to explore at your own pace this afternoon. However, if you’d like to discover more, you can take an optional drive on the famous Route 66 to Santa Monica.
Day 3 San Diego
- You can discover LA your own way this morning as you explore at your own pace. If you have always dreamed of visiting Universal Studios, that’s where our optional excursion is headed. This thrilling theme park is packed with movie memorabilia, big rides and exciting attractions. This afternoon, we’re off to our next base, the seaport of San Diego.
Day 4 San Diego
- You can soak up the sights of this Spanish-influenced city on an included morning tour. Then the rest of the day is all yours to see more as you wish. You might be tempted to join an optional boat trip around San Diego Bay, visiting Old San Diego. Another possibility is taking in a marine show at the renowned Sea World, or perhaps visit the city’s famous zoo.
Day 5 Prescott
- Today we’re heading to Prescott, known as the ‘Valley of the Sun’, on a drive which takes usthrough the spectacular desert into the state of Arizona. If you’re after a traditional western experience, our optional dinner here this evening is a must.
Day 6 Flagstaff
We take to the road again today, driving into Northern Arizona. We’ll make a stop at the township of Sedona, known for its vibrant arts community. You can explore at leisure or you might choose to join an optional Jeep ride into the surrounding rock formations, they really are stunning. Our final destination today is the former Wild West town of Flagstaff.
Day 7 Grand Canyon National Park
- This is the day that you visit one of the world’s most iconic natural wonders, the Grand Canyon, which is a must-see on any traveller’s list. For a truly unforgettable experience, why not choose to view this spectacular 14-mile-wide gorge from the air on an optional flight. However you choose to view this vast panorama, you will not be disappointed.
Day 8 Las Vegas
You’re going to travel on the legendary Route 66 today, westwards to Las Vegas. On the way we’re going to pass the mighty Hoover Dam, a feat of 20th century construction. If you want to be dazzled, join an optional Las Vegas by night tour to take in the lights and sights of this spectacular desert city.
Day 9 Las Vegas
- Las Vegas is all yours to discover today, so off you go on a stroll down the famous Strip. As you dip into the themed hotels lining it, you’ll find a host of attractions. There are casinos, of course, shopping malls, aquariums, and you can even take a gondola ride on Vegas’ very own ‘Grand Canal’! Tonight, why not join our optional excursion to see a spectacular show by the famous Cirque du Soleil theatrical group, with dinner included.
Day 10 Selma
- On today’s drive through the Mojave Desert back to California, we’ll follow the original trail of the early settlers.
Day 11 Yosemite National Park
- Travelling north, today you’re going to visit the vast Yosemite National Park. With its abundance of waterfalls, lakes and dramatic mountain peaks it’s a wonderful place to explore. We’ll stop for lunch in the park before travelling on to San Francisco.
Day 12 San Francisco
Your morning tour of San Francisco begins as you cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. You’ll then take in wonderful views from the city’s Twin Peaks and visit landmarks including Golden Gate Park and Chinatown. In the afternoon you can set your own pace. Your hotel is in a great position, in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf, so everything is within your reach. If you want to shop, there’s a branch of Macy’s that’s a whole block in size, and the famous cable cars are a great way to get around. San Francisco Bay is at your feet too, so a cruise is another great option.
Day 13 San Francisco/UK
- Today we’ll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
Day 14 UK
- You’ll arrive back in the UK today.