Enjoy the Spanish way of life in Andalucia, an enthralling destination boasting a mild Mediterranean climate. Admire the whitewashed houses clinging to the hilltop towns of Mijas and Ronda, discover Picasso’s birthplace, Malaga, and relax on Nerja’s sandy beaches.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways.
- 7 nights half-board in a 4-starhotel
- 14 meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Local Flavours : Enjoy a traditional Cortado in Ronda (Spanish coffee)
- Welcome & farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK – Malaga
- You’ll fly to Malaga today and transfer to Mijas, a lovely town nestled in the foothills of the Sierra de Mijas Mountains. Our hotel is set between the beach and the mountains, just a five-minute walk from the centre of town and after time to settle in, we’ll get to know one another better over a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Malaga
- Today’s included excursion will introduce us to the highlights of Malaga, a cosmopolitan city set on the shores of the Mediterranean. Famed as the birthplace of artist Picasso, it is enveloped by 3,000 years of history, making it one of the oldest cities in theworld.
- Day 3 Ronda
- Admire magnificent scenery as we drive to the lovely cliff-top town of Ronda. Enjoying a spectacular location on a towering plateau, the town is divided by El Tajo, a precipitous gorge more than 600ft deep. On one side of the gorge stands the old Moorish town of La Ciudad, with the more modern El Mercadillo part of town on the other. El Tajo is spanned by the 18th century Puente Nuevo Bridge, we’ll take in the fabulous views from here and look down to the waters of the River Guadalevin below.
- Day 4 Mijas – at leisure
- Spend a day at leisure enjoying the facilities at your hotel. You could relax by the pool, be pampered at the health and beauty club or maybe head to a nearby beach to unwind. Alternatively, you could choose to join our optional excursion to Granada and the stunning Alhambra Palace. Standing high on a hill overlooking the city, the palace was built by the Moors in the 13th and 14th centuries and has been added to over time to become a magnificent complex of pink stone courtyards, pools, fountains, grand halls and cool patios.
- Day 5 Frigiliana & Nerja
- The beautiful hilltop village of Frigiliana, situated in the foothills of the Almijara Mountains, is our first stop on today’s included excursion. It is a maze of cobbled streets and its historic centre has a distinctively Moorish appearance. Explore, relax with your travelling companions in a traditional bar or restaurant, and maybe shop for local handicrafts such as ceramics and lace. Next we’ll continue on to Nerja, with its lovely sandy beaches and hidden coves. Once a sleepy fishing village, its old quarter remains virtually unchanged, with narrow, winding streets lined with whitewashed houses and wrought-iron terraces overflowing with aromatic geraniums.
- Day 6 Mijas – at leisure
- Explore at your own pace today. The centre of Mijas with its charming cobbled streets, bars, restaurants and stunning views is just a five-minute walk from our hotel. Why not venture out with your travelling companions to discover its historic sights, such as the oval bullring, the 16th century Shrine of Virgen de la Pea and the Church of San Sebastian, noted for its wonderful faade.
If you want to travel a bit further afield, you could join our optional excursion to Gibraltar.
- Day 7 Mijas
- Enjoy a further day at leisure today. Maybe you’ll decide to relax and soak up the sun on the hotel’s terrace or perhaps you’ll wander into Mijas with your fellow travellers to sample the cuisine in one of the local cafs or bars.
This evening we’ll gather for a farewell drink, the perfect end to an amazing holiday.
- Day 8 Malaga – UK
- We’ll fly back to the UK today.