Begin your musical journey through Austria in ‘Sound of Music’ city Salzburg, where Mozart was born and medieval treasures lurk around every corner. On to St Florian, to see Anton Bruckner’s final resting place, before discovering Vienna’s highlights including the magnificent Schnbrunn Palace.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost
- Returndirectflights from Heathrowwith Lufthansa & Austrian Airlines
- 6 nights half-board in 4-star hotels
- 12 meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 dinners including a welcome drink & farewell dinner
- Local flavours: Tasting traditional homemade organic specialities
- Specialist Local Guides
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK – Salzburg
- Fly to Munichtoday and transfer to your hotel in the village of Eugendorf nearSalzburg. Get to know your travelling companions over a welcomedrink and dinner at the hotel.
- Day 2 Salzburg
- Today we include a tour of ‘Sound of Music’ city Salzburg – one of Europe’s best-preserved historic cities. The centre has hardly changed since the times of Mozart. The famous Austrian composer was born here and during our tour we’ll visit his birthplace, now a museum dedicated to his works.
This afternoon we’ll make our way to Joglbauer, a family-owned farmwhich produces its own organic produce.Here we will taste an array of traditional specialities including freshly baked bread and pastries, cheese and homemade juice and cider. It promises to be a treat for your tastebuds!
Laterwe’ll enjoy dinner in the hotel, after which you can join an optional classicalconcert at Mirabell Palace.
- Day 3 Salzkammergut, Hallstatt & Bad Ischl
- Salzkammergut, or the Austrian Lake District, is our destination today with our first stop St Gilgen, on the shores of Lake Wolfgang, where we’ll enjoy a boat trip. Next, we visit Hallstatt, a UNESCO-listed village which sits at the base of a mountain. On our way back to Salzburg we’ll pass through the spa town of Bad Ischl. We’ll gather for dinner this evening at the hotel.
- Day 4 St Florian, Wachau Valley & Vienna
- We’ll head to Vienna today, where we stay for three nights. En route we’ll visit the parish of St Florian, renowned for the Augustinian Monastery boys’ choir, the Florianer Sngerknaben. We’ll enter the monastery and at the end of our tour we’ll enjoy a live recital. Next, we head to the Wachau Valley for a scenic Danube cruise, before arriving in Vienna.
- Day 5 Vienna
- Today we’ll discover Vienna’s highlights as we explore with a Local Guide. Highlights include the famous Ringstrasse a smart boulevard lined with fine buildings, including the State Opera and the Hofburg Palace. We’ll also pass Vienna’s cathedral and finish atthe magnificent Schnbrunn Palace. Dinner is served in a traditional restaurant. Later, you can also join an optional concert of music from Strauss at the grand Wiener Kursalon.
- Day 6 Vienna
- This morning we’re going to head out on a walking tour of Vienna. If you wish, you can also take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the Old Town and visit the Imperial Apartments on our optional excursion, including a visit to the rooms used by Empress Elisabeth and Emperor Franz Joseph.
Later, we’ll head to a wine tavern for a farewell dinner accompanied by lively Viennese Schrammel music.
- Day 7 Vienna – UK
- We’ll transfer you to the airport for your flightback to the UK today.