Spend lazy days sampling the Italian way of life in the beautiful Bay of Naples. Discover the spectacular ruins of legendary Pompeii and marvel at Mount Vesuvius, the powerful force of nature that destroyed the city in 79AD.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 12 meals: 7 breakfasts, 5 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK to Naples
- You’ll fly to Naples today and transfer to your hotel in the Bay of Naples. Famous for its beauty, mild climate and fascinating history, the area’s attractions range from lovely resorts and idyllic islands to world-famous archaeological sites. With its picture-perfect streets, laid-back caf culture and great cuisine, where better to experience the Italian lifestyle. Located close to the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii, our hotel offers magnificent views over Mount Vesuvius, and this evening we’ll get to know one another over a welcome drink before dinner.
- Day 2 Pompeii
- Few places have captured the imagination quite like Pompeii and today we will discover its sights. Our explorations begin with a walking tour of the modern city visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Pompeii, before attention turns to the remarkable archaeological site. Pompeii’s sheer scale is immense and on our guided tour you will be able to imagine what life was like before Vesuvius erupted in 79AD, smothering the town and its inhabitants in hot ash. As we wander through the streets we’ll see villas decorated with frescos and brightly coloured mosaics, the remarkable Roman baths and spectacular amphitheatre. There are many pizzerias and restaurants located within walking distance of our hotel and this evening has been left free for you to dine out with your travelling companions, if you wish.
- Day 3 Capri
- You are free to explore further at your own pace today.Alternatively, why not join our optional excursion to the beautiful island of Capri. Dinner is served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 4 Herculaneum
- This morning we offer an optional excursion to the Roman town of Herculaneum which was buried by the same eruption that destroyed Pompeii. We’ll enjoy a guided tour of the ruins here, which are actually better preserved than their more famous counterpart. If you prefer, you can relax and enjoy the facilities at your hotel, which include a roof-top terrace with panoramic views of Mount Vesuvius. Dinner will be served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 5 Mount Vesuvius
- Enjoy another day at leisure or join our optional excursion to Mount Vesuvius, which last erupted in 1944. Having admired Vesuvius from a distance so far, this is your opportunity to experience it close up. This evening is free for you to relax with your travelling companions and maybe enjoy dinner in a local restaurant.
- Day 6 Amalfi & Ravello
- Today you may choose to join our full day, optional excursion which takes us on a scenic, coastal drive to the towns of Amalfi and Ravello. Dinner will be served at the hotel this evening.
- Day 7 Sorrento
- We’ll spend the final day of our holiday in the lively seaside resort of Sorrento, which boasts stunning scenery as well as elegant restaurants, pavement cafs and a variety of shops. In the company of your Tour Manager, enjoy the bustle of the main square, stroll through narrow lanes, dip into traditional trattorias and step inside intriguing ateliers.Limoncello is a popular drink in this part of Italy and we’ll visit a producer to find out more. As you stand amongst the colourful lemon groves from which the main ingredient hails, you’ll enjoy a tasting and learn about the processes used to create this traditional Italian liqueur.You could evenjoinour optional3hrscooking class followed by lunchfor a chance to learnto cook typical recipes handed down for many generations.This evening we’ll enjoy a farewell get-together and dinner in the hotel.
- Day 8 Naples to UK
- We’ll transfer to the airport and fly back to the UK today.