Explore Namibias unique landscape of plunging canyons and towering sand dunes and set your sights on its national parks to discover thrilling wildlife.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host &Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Heathrow with Qatar Airways via Doha
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 11 nights in greay qualityhotels & lodgesplus 2 nights inflight
- 22meals: 11 breakfasts, 11dinners including welcome drink & farewell dinner
- Overseas transfers,other transportation & porterage
- Day 1 UK – Windhoek
- You’ll fly to Windhoek via Johannesburg today.
- Day 2 Windhoek
- Windhoek is a surprisingly modern, cosmopolitan city where German-style buildings tell stories of Namibia’s early colonial history. This evening, we’ll get to know each other better over dinner.
- Day 3 Windhoek – Sossusvlei
- The Sossusvlei area sits in the heart of Namibia. As we head here today, we’ll see incredible scenery including towering red dunes and parched landscapes. After some time to freshen up in the lodge, we’ll embark on a drive to the petrified dunes –ancient red sand dunes that have solidified to rock.
- Day 4 Sossusvlei
- Todaywe discover more of the unique landscape of Sossusvlei in the company of a tour guide. We will rise early to enjoy a scenic drive into the heart of Sossusvlei. Here, we’ll admire the deep red tones of this dramatic landscape that has been shaped by the elements over millions of years. As the sun rises above the soaring dunes, admire the views as we eat our breakfast in these wonderful surroundings. We will get chance toclimb some of the highest sand dunes on earth, a real once-in-alifetime experience.
Sesriem Canyon was formed two million years ago by the Tsauchab River and plunges deep into the parched earth. We’ll take in this memorable sight before returning to the lodge, where the afternoon is at leisure. Perhaps gather with some of your fellow travellers, relax by thepooland enjoy the spectacular desertviews.
- Day 5 Sossusvlei – Moon Landscape & Dolphin Bay
- The coastal area of Namibia awaits our discovery today. We drive via the Kuiseb and Gaub mountain passes to the coast, where we’ll stay for the next two nights. The Moon Landscape is a fascinating area where the eroded remains of a mountain range create an incredible sight. Explore this unique landscape, a hit with the film industry, and see one of the world’s biggest Welwitschia Mirabilisplants.
We willstay fortwo nights at Dolphin Bay, located at the beginning of the Skeleton Coast. Dinner tonight will be in Swakopmund. Enjoy warm hospitality andfresh seafood as you dine in this unique setting overlooking the ocean fromaboard an original oil-fired Danie Hugo Tug boat,constructed in the ship yards of Port Glasgow Scotland.
- Day 6 Swakopmund – at Leisure
- Todayis free to you to spend relaxing at your oceanfront resort or spend some time in nearby German-influencedSwakopmund.Alternatively, why not join our optional dolphin and seal catamaran cruise from the nearby town of Walvis Bay sure to be a truly memorable experience. You will also have the chance to joina Living Desert Tour,a unique 4×4 adventure drive through the nearbydunes to introduce you to the flora and fauna that survives in this inhospitable landscape.
Back at the hotel, we’ll gather together to enjoy a barbecue dinner with fantastic ocean views also on the menu.
- Day 7 Damaraland
- Today we head north to the Damaraland area, where we can spend the rest of the day relaxing. Take advantage of your lodge’s facilities which include a viewing point from which you can admire your beautiful surroundings. This is also an ideal place for stargazing, which you may choose to experience during your time here.
This evening we’ll gather for a meal made using fresh ingredients from the lodge’s gardens.
- Day 8 Damaraland
- The Twyfelfontein area is rich in fascinating geology and culture.Highlights include theancient rock carvings and the Damara Living Museum, where you’ll learn about some of Namibia’s oldest inhabitants. Discover a Damara village, watch traditional performances and perhaps even buy hand-crafted jewellery during your visit.
We will return to the lodge and spend the afternoon at leisure. Perhaps spend some time by the pool before enjoying another delicious meal here.
- Day 9 Damaraland – Etosha National Park
- This morning we will visit the petrified forest, a collection of fossilised trees that exist within an old river channel, en route to Etosha National Park, avast game reserve which hosts an incredible array of mammals, reptiles and birds. Here, we experience our first game drive this afternoon. We are one of the few tour operators to include game drives inspecially designed opensafari vehicles in Etosha National Park, so you will have great views of the wildlife that inhabits the park, including endangered species such as black rhinos. This evening at the lodge, we’ll enjoy a drink on the deck before gathering for dinner.
- Day 10 Etosha National Park
- Todaywe’ll boardour safari vehicles once more for a full-day game drive in the park, with plenty of chances to tick more fascinating wildlife off the list. We’ll return to the lodge for dinner together this evening.
- Day 11 Etosha National Park
- This morning we’ll head to the eastern border of the Etosha National Park, where our next lodge is situated. On the way, there will be even more opportunities to watch the animals as they gather around the waterholes and roam freely around the park incredible sights that you’ll surely never forget. Once we have arrived, the rest of the day is free for you to relax. Enjoy dinner at the lodge this evening.
- Day 12 Etosha National Park – Windhoek
- We return to Windhoek today, where you can relax and take advantage of your hotel’s facilities. Tonight we get together for a farewell dinner at alocal restaurantinspired byNamibia and its people.Enjoy delicious, authentic food andheartfelt hospitality as you share stories of your adventures, all with an ice-cold Nambian beer in hand.
- Day 13 Windhoek – UK
- Today we’ll transfer you to the airport for your return flight to the UK via Johannesburg.
- Day 14 Arrive in the UK
- You’ll arrive back in the UK today.