Explore the historic sites and rolling countryside of the undiscovered Cilento Coast then take time out to unwind in your hotel.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost &Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Gatwick with easyJet
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- 7 nights in a 4-starhotel
- 16includedmeals: 7 breakfasts, 2lunches,7dinners including welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers,other transportation & porterage
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK – Naples
- Today youll fly to Naples and we’ll transferyou to your hotel in Capaccio, which is in a lovely setting.After time to settle in, get to know your travelling companions over a welcome drink.
- Day 2 Castellabate
- The Cilento Coast is one of Campania’s most remote corners. With shimmering waters, secluded coves and inviting towns, it has all the ingredients for a relaxing holiday, where you can mix lazy days in the sun with the chance toexperience the Italian culture.
Less well-known than its neighbour, the Amalfi Coast, the whole Cilento area is swamped in history andis listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After breakfast, we’llstart our explorations as we head off on an included excursion to the medieval town of Castellabate. Located high on a hill, from here we’ll admire fantastic views across the countryside and out to sea, and enjoy a walk through the arches and passageways of the towncentre. Later, enjoy a relaxing lunch at a vineyard.
The rest of the day has been left free for you to spend at your leisure. Perhaps enjoy a stroll with your travelling companions or relax at your hotel, which boasts a swimming pool andprivate beach.
- Day 3 Paestum
- We include a tour of Paestum, the Cilento Coast’s most famous historic site, today. Founded in the 7th century BC by the Greeks, it is home to three massive Doric temples – said to be the best-preserved Greek temples in the world. We will learn more about their fascinating history in the company of a Local Guide and visit Paestum’s museum. Later, we’ll call at a nearby farm for lunch. We’ll sample an array of mouthwatering local specialities, including buffalo mozarella,ricotta cheese and cured hams. To finish, we’ll tuck into ahome-made dessert and everything will be accompanied bydelicious local wine.
- Day 4 Capaccio – at Leisure
- On today’s optional full-day excursion, we’ll enjoy a drive along the stunning Amalfi Coast to the towns of Amalfi and Ravello. If you prefer, you could enjoy time at leisure to relax and soak up the sun. Maybe head to the hotel’s private beach, which is accessible via a walkway through the surroundingpinewood forest.
- Day 5 Capaccio – at Leisure
- Today has been left free for you to spend as you wish. You might head off to explore or maybe you’ll enjoy the facilities at your hotel.
Alternatively, you could choose to join an optional excursion to Agropoli. Its historic city centre is a fascinating tangle of narrow cobbled streets with ancient churches and a castle with superb views.
- Day 6 Capaccio – at Leisure
- You can spend today at leisure if you wish. However, if you’d like to get out in the great outdoors, we offer anoptional excursion whichtakes us on a scenic drive through Cilento National Park. Along the way we’ll see some of the delightful villages that nestle amid the beautiful landscape. We’ll also visitRoccadaspide, a charming hill town dominated by a huge stone castle. We’ll meet the castle owner, amarquis, who will give us a tour of his home and share its history with us. We may even venture into the dungeon!
- Day 7 Salerno
- We’ll visit Salerno, a lively town with an array of historic attractions, today. Here, you can take a stroll along the charming tree-lined promenade or maybe shop for souvenirs to take home. We’ll return to the hotel for some free time this afternoon and enjoy a farewell get-together this evening.
- Day 8 Naples – UK
- Your holiday comes to an end today as we transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.