Discover an array of natural wonders and go in search of the Northern Lights on this exciting tour to Iceland.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Heathrow with Icelandair
- 4 nights in a 3-star hotel
- 7meals: 4 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Welcome drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Reykjavik
- Meet your travelling companions at the airport today for your scheduled flight to Reykjavik. On arrival,we willtransfer you to your hotel where you’ll stay for four nights.This evening, after you’ve settled into you room, get to know your fellow travellers as you join them for a welcome drink before dinner in the hotel’s restaurant.
Reykjavik is Iceland’s vibrant capital. It boasts some intriguing buildings anda lively cultural scenewith plenty of cosy cafs, galleries and museums. What’s more, Iceland provides some of the best Northern Lights viewing conditions in the world, so if you’re lucky you may see this natural phenomenon at some point during your holiday. It is also a destination that boasts an abundance of spectacular wildlife there’s a chance you might spot a whale from the shore, or see seabirds which nest along the coastline.
- Day 2 Reykjavik
- We’ll discover Reykjavik’s highlights on acity tour this morning.A Local Guide will show us the main sights including the fishing harbour, Parliament buildings and The Pearl one of the city’s most recognisable landmarks consisting of sixhuge hot water storage tanks.
This afternoon is free for you toexplore at your own pace. You could perhaps head out with your travelling companions and visit the Settlement Exhibition. Here, the remains of a 10th century Viking longhouse are on display, along with otherartefacts from the Viking age.There’salsotheopportunityto join an optionalwhale-watching cruise later this afternoon.This unmissable adventure givesyou the opportunity to see these incredible creatures intheir natural environment – although sightings can never be guaranteed.
This evening we’ll gather as a group to enjoy a four-course meal at a local restaurant.
- Day 3 Golden Circle
- We’re going to explore the Golden Circle today,a popular sightseeing route loopingfrom Reykjavik, into central Iceland and back again. Our first stop will be at themighty waterfall at Gullfoss, where the water tumbles over two stages into a deep canyon.Next we’ll visitthe Strokkur Geyser, one of Iceland’s most famous geysers. It erupts every few minutes, with the water reaching heights of up to 40 metres – it really is a spectacular sight!
The aurora borealis, also known as the Northern Lights, are a dazzling natural phenomenon. These colourful dancing lights appear when charged particles from the sun’s solar wind interact with the Earth’s magnetic field, and we’ll gooff in search of them one evening during our stay when the bestviewing conditions are forecast.
- Day 4 Blue Lagoon
- The Blue Lagoon is a stunning natural geothermal pool located in the middle of a lava field. This soothing body of water is rich in minerals and reputed to have curative powers so why not jointhis morning’soptional visit, dive in and judge for yourself! While you are here be sure to head to the Silica bar, where you can apply silica mud to your face and body, which will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. You can also linger beneath the lagoon’s man-made waterfall, which is said to ease tension in stiff muscles. Other amenities include a sauna and steam baths, which are carved into the lava rock, and a relaxation area, where you can take breaks from the water as you laze in comfortable chairs, listen to music and take in the amazing views out over the lagoon. The relaxedtheme continues with an afternoon at leisure. Perhaps take some time to enjoy the facilities at your hotel, orhead outwith your travelling companions to explore a little further.
- Day 5 Reykjavik to UK
- We’ll transfer to the airport today for the flight back to the UK.