Explore Tuscany’s rolling countryside, which is dotted with olive groves, vineyards and medieval hilltop towns. This tour also takes you to Pisa, home of the famous Leaning Tower, and Florence, Italy’s mesmerising ‘Art City’.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- 7 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 11 meals: 7 breakfasts,4 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Complimentary wi-fi on board your coach
- Welcome drink & farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at allUK airports
- Audio Guide
- Day 1 UK to Pisa
- Fly to Pisa today. You’ll meet your travelling companions over a drink and dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Pisa
- Pisa is home to one of Italy’s most recognisable sights, the famous Leaning Tower. Residing in the Field of Miracles, this 180ft campanile took 176 years to build and began to lean shortly after construction. Thankfully the structure has recently been secured yet it still retains its famous lean. We include a visit to the Field of Miracles this morning.
Discover more of Pisa this afternoon in the company of your fellow travellers – your Tour Manager will always be on hand to suggest interesting places to visit.
- Day 3 Siena
- We’ll visit Siena today,one of the most perfectly preserved medieval cities in Europe. Its enchanting narrow streets lined with palaces and mansions lead to the spectacular Piazza del Campo, which is the setting each year for the colourful and intense Palio horse race.
- Day 4 Tuscan farmhouse lunch
- Today we offer an optional visit to the Fattoria Il Poggio with wine-tasting and a Tuscan traditional lunch.Alternatively you could head out with your travelling companions andtake the cable car up to the hilltop medieval village of Montecatini Alto. The views from here areunmissable.
- Day 5 Volterra & San Gimignano
- Enjoy anotherday at leisure in Montecatini Terme. Or, if you want to explore further, why not join our optional excursion to San Gimignano and Volterra.
We’ll head tothe wallled medieval town of Volterra.Wewill visit the Estruscan Museum, which houses a large collection of historic artefacts, and see a craftsman at work hand carving Alabaster.
We’ll then move ontoSan Gimignano,one of the prettiest hilltop towns in Tuscany, with beautiful palaces and churches, ornate frescoes and a fine baptistery within its ancient walls. It’s also known as the ‘town of beautiful towers’ because of the impressive towers built here as status symbols by feuding families in medieval times.
This evening there will be an opportunity to attend the Montecatini Opera Festival.
- Day 6 Florence
- Florence is known as Italy’s ‘Art City’. It is home to works by great masters including Michelangelo and Leonardo da Vinci.
Built beside the River Arno, explore the city’s compact historic centre on your included excursion. Stroll across the Ponte Vecchio, climb the steps of the magnificent Duomo and admire glorious architecture among the Renaissance streets and piazzas. Il Porcellino, the statue of a boar located in Mercato Nuovo, is surrounded by superstition if you throw a coin into the grating at its feet and rub its shiny nose, legend has it that you will return to the city.
- Day 7 Lucca
- Lucca is a traditional historic town surrounded by impressive walls. Explore the town on an optional excursion today. Take a walk along the ancient ramparts and admire the beautiful botanical gardens, the Basilica of San Frediano and fascinating architecture including a tree-topped tower.
Alternatively, take time to explore your resort,enjoy the bustling town andthe local caf culture.
- Day 8 Pisa to UK
- Today we’ll return to the UK.
Please note for 2020 departures the visit to the Tuscan Farmhouse with winetasting will be included