Visit Andalucias regional capital, Seville, discover the Columbus Trail and relax on golden beaches this sun-kissed coast is well placed for easy access to an array of Spains highlights.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost & Specialist Local Guide
- Return flights from Gatwick with British Airways
- A dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- 7 nightsin a 4-star hotel
- 21 included meals: 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners – including drinks between 11am – 11pm, welcome drink & farewell get together
- Overseas transfers,other transportation & porterage
- Day 1 UK – Faro
- You’ll fly to Faro in Portugal today. On arrival you’ll transfer to your hotel, just across the border on Spain’s Costa de la Luz. We’ll gather as a group this evening for a welcome drink before dinner.
- Day 2 El Rompido
- You can spend today at leisure enjoying the facilities at your hotel. You could perhaps head to the nearby beach or take a refreshing dip in the pool.
- Day 3 Seville
- Today we include an excursion to the beautiful city of Seville, the regional capital of Andalucia. Take a stroll along citrus-lined streets, admire mighty churches, and visit the Alcazar, the royal palace builton the site of a Moorish fort. We’ll round off the tour with an Andalucian speciality – a white sherry tasting. Then you could choose to head to the Plaza de Espana, a semi-circular complex which is home to monumental staircases, fountains and a beautifully tiled alcove for each of Spains provinces. If youre feeling peckish, be sure to dip into some of the many tapas bars here. Its traditional to sample one or two dishes then move on to the next bar to try something different.
- Day 4 The Columbus Trail
- Andalucia was a hugely significant location for Christopher Columbus, and the aptly named Columbus Trail pinpoints the main sites connected with this great explorer. On an included tour today, we will visit La Rabida Monastery, where Columbus stayed whilst waiting for financial backing from the Catholic monarchs for his voyage to the New World in 1492. We’ll also head to the Harbour of the Caravels, to see full-size replicas of the three vessels that made this historic journey, the Santa Maria, Pinta and Nia.
- Day 5 Punta Umbria – at Leisure
- As we’re so close to the border with Portugal, we have the ideal opportunity today tojoin an optional excursionto Tavira, on the beautiful Algarve. The town’s origins date back to around 2000 BC but, in 1755, virtually all of its buildings were destroyed by an earthquake. However, it was rebuilt and is now home to fine 18th century architecture displaying Roman, Arab and Christian influences, as well as 37 churches. On our visit, we can admire the Roman bridge which spans the River Gilao, stroll along the riverbank, or perhaps enjoy a refreshing drink and lovely views from one of the pavement cafs.
- Day 6 El Rompido
- Spend today at leisure enjoying the facilities at your hotel. You might choose to relax by the swimming pool, treat yourself to a spa treatment or head to the beach.
- Day 7 Huelva
- Todays included excursion takes us to Huelva, perhaps one of the oldest settlements in Spain, with a history dating back more than 5,000 years. On our tour well discover pretty plazas and historicmonuments. This evening, well gather as a group to enjoy a farewell get-together before dinner.
- Day 8 Faro – UK
- We’ll transfer to the airport today for the flight back to the UK.