The famous gardens of the artist Claude Monet are at the centre of this short break, which also gives you the chance to head to the gardens of the Chteau de Versailles and soak up the glamour of Paris by night.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost
- Standard-class return rail travel by Eurostar from StPancras
- 3 nights in a 4-star hotel
- 4 meals: 3 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- Welcome drink
- Farewell drink
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Day 1 UK to Meudon
- Today you’ll travel from London St Pancras International to Paris, from where we’ll transfer you by coach to your hotel.
Get to know your fellow travellers over a drink and dinner this evening.
- Day 2 Chteau de Versailles
- Today’s optional excursion takes us to theformal gardens of the Chteau de Versailles.This UNESCO-listed buildingwas once a hunting lodge, a seat of government and a symbol of the power of the French monarchy. The huge honey-coloured palace was built in the 17th century during the reign of Louis XIV, and at the same time the magnificent gardens were created by landscape artist Andr le Ntre.As weexplore we’ll seethree large parterres, more than 200 sculptures, groves nestled among the woods, fountains and a spectacular orangery.
With its exceptional architecture and delicious gastronomic delights, Paris is a seductive city. Sit back and enjoy the sights as they are wonderfully illuminated on an optional coach tour of the French capital this evening, with dinner included.
- Day 3 Giverny
- It is said that the history of France is written in her gardens, and this is reflected in the many different horticultural styles found across the country.
Particularly delightful are the gardens of the famous French Impressionist Claude Monet in Giverny. He planted and painted here from 1883 until his death in 1926, gaining inspiration from the natural beauty that surrounded him.
Explore the artist’s flower garden, Clos Normand, as well as the Japanese-style water garden. These two areas are a beautiful contrast to one another, yet are equally wonderful to explore.
The most famous feature is the lily pond, from which Monet gained so much inspiration, and his series of water lily paintings is revered throughout the world.
As you stroll through the enchanting gardens don’t miss the exquisite wisteria-covered Japanese bridge – it too is depicted in many of Monet’s greatest works of art.
In the evening we will gather as a group to enjoy a farewell drink.
- Day 4 Paris to UK
- Today we will return to the UK by Eurostar to St Pancras International.