Discover the emerald-green landscapes, thermal springs and hot geysers of the North Island, then journey to the South Island with its snow-capped mountains, shimmering glaciers and sparkling lakes on this holiday showcasing New Zealand’s natural wonders and fascinating cities.
- Just You Tour Manager as your host
- Scheduled flights from Heathrow with SingaporeAirlines
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 16 nightsin 3 to4-star hotels plus 3 nights in flight
- 19 meals: 16breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2dinners
- Welcome & farewell drinks
- Specialist Local Guides
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated JustYou representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Days 1 & 2 UK to Singapore
- Fly to Singapore, arriving on day 2. Get to know your travelling companions over a drink at our hotel this evening.
- Day 3 Singapore
- Highlights of Singapore include Merlion Park, home to the iconic Merlion statue, and the Thian Hock Keng Temple, which is dedicated to the Goddess of the Sea. We’ll see all of this and more on our included morning sightseeing tour in the company of a Local Guide.
- Day 4 Singapore to Auckland
- There’s plenty of time to explore Singapore at your own pace today before we’ll take an overnight flightto Auckland, New Zealand.
- Day 5 Auckland
- We’ll arrive in Auckland today. There is time to rest after your flight before we gather as a group for dinner.
- Day 6 Auckland
- The beautiful city of Auckland is the largest in New Zealand, situated on the North Island in the Hauraki Gulf. We’ll admire its spectacular skyline on an included tour this morning, which takes us to all the must-see sights. Later, you will have time to explore the city further in the company of your fellow travellers.
- Day 7 Rotorua
- The warm, emerald-green North Island was shaped by the fire of volcanoes, and evidence of this remains in thethermal springs surrounding Rotorua. En-route we will journey through the dairy-rich Waikato farming region, home of the Maori kingdom, and visit the world-famous Waitomo Caves. The amazing glow-worm grotto is a fascinating sight and we will explore in the company of a Local Guide.
You can also takean optional flight today, either by float-plane or helicopter, over Mount Tarawera Volcano. You’ll learn how the volcano’s 1886 eruption – the largest in New Zealand’s living memory – affected the landscape and, if you chose the helicopter flight, you will actually land at the site of the eruption. Those choosing the float-plane excursion will have the added excitement of taking off and landing on water at the Rotorua City Lakefront.
- Day 8 Rotorua
- Today you have the option to join a tour of Hobbiton, the location created for the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit films. We’ll explore the site, which includes hobbitholes and the Green Dragon Inn, while our guide offers fascinating insight a must for fans of the films. Alternativelyjoin us for an optional excursion to Rainbow Springs, where you can catch a glimpse of the rare, flightless kiwi bird, take a ride on a gondola and enjoy a taste of regional wines. Tonight, you’ll have a chance to experience a Maori concert and sample an authentic Hangi meal on an optional tour. This is where your food is cooked by steam underground using a centuries-old method that harnesses the power of nature.
- Day 9 Napier
- Te Puia Thermal Reserve is home to the extraordinary boiling mud pools and spouting geysers that New Zealand is so famous for. We will call here this morning to see this spectacular sight forourselves. The route to Napier takes us through the Wairakei Valley, past the spectacular Huka Falls to beautiful Lake Taupo, New Zealand’s largest freshwater lake. We will pause here to take in the mesmerising views.
Napier is home to one of the finest collections of Art Deco-style buildings in the world and has the ideal climate for growing grapes. Sampling some of the locally cultivated wines is certain to be a treat before we discover more about the town as we explore on foot in the company of our Tour Manager. We’ll enjoy dinner as a group this evening.
- Day 10 Wellington
- Wellington, New Zealand’s wonderful capital, enjoys a beautiful setting on the southern tip of the North Island. We’ll head here todaywith an orientation tour on arrival to highlight the city’s mainsights.
- Day 11 Wellington
- We have left todayfree for you to explore the city with your travelling companions. Perhaps take the cable car to the Botanical Gardens or visit the Te Papa Museum, which offers a wealth of information about New Zealand and its history, along with a collection of art.
- Day 12 Christchurch
- We set sail for the South Island today. Once back on land we continue the drive to Christchurch, often referred to as the most English city outside of England. We’ll enjoy stunning scenery of the Kaikoura coast along the way.
- Day 13 TranzAlpine
- The TranzAlpine offers a spectacular journey into the Southern Alps. We’ll be on board the train from Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass, the South Island’s highest railway station, passing through the contrasting scenery of the snow-capped Southern Alps and majestic gorges. At Arthur’s Pass we rejoin our coach and continue south to the magnificent scenery and glaciers of the Franz Josef and Fox Glacier regions. Perhaps join a helicopter flight with a landing on the glacier for another view of this stunning landscape.
- Day 14 Queenstown
- The road through Westland National Park is one of the most scenic ever built, with tremendous ocean views to one side and spectacular forest views to the other. Experience it for yourself as we head to Queenstown, a popular resort in both summer and winter, travelling south crossing the Haast River Bridge and passing Lake Hwea and Lake Wanaka along the way.
If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, why not take an optional ride on the Kawarau Jet Boat. On this thrilling adventure youwill travel at speeds of up to 50 miles an hour in very shallow water.
Later on, you may wish to join usfor anoptional ride on the Skyline Queenstown Gondola. We’ll travel 450 metres above Queenstown and Lake Wakatiputo the top of Bob’s Peakforfabulous views of the night sky and an incredible stargazing experience.A delicious dinner inthe restaurant at the top of the gondola rounds off a wonderful evening.
- Day 15 Milford Sound
- Milford Sound is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful locations in New Zealand. Te Anau is the gateway to Fjordland National Park and our first port of call on today’s tour. We continue through the lush beech forests of the Eglinton Valley and the eroded glacial canyons of the Hollyford Valley, before arriving at Milford Sound itself. A cruise on the Sound, which we include weather permitting, is a great way to appreciate the beauty of the area. Lunch is included.
- Day 16 Queenstown
- Explore Queenstown in the company of your fellow travellers or perhaps join us on an optional excursion.
If you’re feeling adventurous, there’s a fantastic opportunity to take an exhilirating jet boat ride on theDart River. You’ll also enjoy awalk through the bush and goon an exciting four-wheel drive.
This evening, ifyou wish, you could enjoy arelaxing steamship cruise on Lake Wakatipu and a gourmet barbecuedinner in the Colonel’s Homestead at Walter Peak.
- Day 17 Omarama
- Today we travel via the gold mining town of Arrowtown. New Zealand’s spectacular scenery is never-ending and another stunning route delivers us to the Mount Cook region today. If you wish you can takean optional scenic flight over some of New Zealand’s highest mountains and largest glaciers. Your pilot will provide interesting commentary as you admirethem from the air.
- Day 18 Christchurch
- A lovely drive this morning takes us across Burkes Pass and onwards to Lake Tekapo. We will travel over the Canterbury Plains and on to Christchurch where an orientation tour introduces us to all the main sights.This evening we will gather with the group to enjoy a farewell drink.
- Day 19 Christchurch to UK
- We’ll transfer to the airport for our flight back to the UK.
- Day 20 UK
- You’ll arrive back in the UK today.